-Aspen's historic May 5, 2009 IRV election audited as single ballots- 5/5/09 Aspen CO held an instant runoff election (IRV) for mayor and 2 council members. Interpreted contents of each ballot, scanned by True Ballot, were publicly released. Open records requests for a CD of image scans were denied. Aspen has been sued to protect records from destruction and to allow inspection of the scanned ballot files. A Court of Appeals ruling holds that unidentifiable ballots are public records.
Friday, December 25, 2009
Click on the link below to see the 5 minute YouTube video made by volunteer artists in Berkeley who found humor in some of the bizarre events in Aspen's May election.
posted by Marilyn Marks 12.25.09
Mayor Ireland (who is interviewed in the radio piece itself) gives election quality advocates in Colorado his reaction to an email alerting them to the KAJX Christmas Day story about betterbadnews.com. Note that KAJX made the decision to report this week old story on Christmas Day.
Email from Mick Ireland to election quality advocates in Colorado on Fri 12/25/2009 11:50 AM
How foolish of me to not see the humor in a "satire' about people beating people with hockey sticks at my direction and stealing elections and generally being corrupt. It's just hilarious to see yourself depicted that way by people you have never me and who have made no attempt to hear our side of the story. Very funny Al and thanks for the Christmas present! One would not bear even a single day going by without ripping on the mayor of Aspen.
Posted by Harvie Branscomb 12/25/09 12:32 PM
- Response to Mike LaBonte
- 2005-2009 Links to media- discussion of ballot rel...
- Election Transparency Litigation: Marks v. Koch
- Elizabeth Milias' lawyer responds to complaints ag...
- KAJX Covers Better Bad News' Lampoon of Aspen's Ma...
- Aspen City Attorney Jim True and Mayor Mick Irelan...
- Election Questions (letter by Harvie Branscomb to ...
- Aspen Mayor Mick Ireland to the "voting rights com...
- How Aspen Violated Colorado Ranked Choice Voting ...
- Aspen Times poll about releasing ballots
- ▼ Dec (10)